Children at Preschool will be excluded for the following:
- Any illness, or the child's reaction to it requiring more care than the staff can provide, or an illness that compromises the health and safety of others.
- Significant fever, as defined as axillary (armpit) temperature of over 100°. The child must be fever free without use of medication for 24 hours before returning to Preschool.
- Persistent diarrhea or liquid stool (two or more bouts in the past 24 hours). The child must be free from diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to Preschool.
- Any vomiting accompanied by other signs of illness or dehydration, or vomiting two or more times in the past 24 hours. The child must be free from vomiting for 24 hours before returning to Preschool.
- Undiagnosed rashes.
Children at Preschool will also be excluded until a medical evaluation allows inclusion for the following:
- uncontrolled coughing
- persistent abdominal pain
- discolored urine
- refusal to eat or drink
- persistent crying
- difficulty breathing
- green nasal discharge for more than 10 days
- eye discharge or extreme redness